Home > Legend of Zelda Featured in the Nintendo World Championships 2015 Finals
Legend of Zelda Featured in the Nintendo World Championships 2015 Finals
Nintendo will be hosting the Nintendo World Championships 2015 at E3 2015 featuring an assortment of games for the finalists to compete in for the title. It has now been announced - as seen in the press release below - that the Legend of Zelda will be featured during the competition; however, we do not know what compacity. There were also several other announcement made concerning Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, and amiibo. Be sure to read the press release below for the full details...
Nintendo Announces New Games in a Nintendo Direct Micro Video Presentation
New Announcements Surface for Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and amiibo Ahead of E3
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo’s Digital Event video presentation for E3 2015 might be only a couple weeks away, but Nintendo is jumping at the chance to get started early on some of its new announcements. A special Nintendo Direct Micro video is now live on Nintendo.com and YouTube and is not short on new reveals and further details about previously announced Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games. If you don’t want to spoil any of the fun surprises for yourself, stop reading now and watch the full 17-minute video presentation in its entirety by visiting http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct. Come back when you’re done for a helpful recap of all the great news!
“This Nintendo Direct provides a nice preview of things to come – for Nintendo 3DS in particular – ahead of our Digital Event and other activities for E3,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “Between now and the end of the year, Wii U and Nintendo 3DS owners are in for a solid stream of great games.”
Highlights of the Nintendo Direct video include:
- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash – Everyone’s favorite little robot is back, this time in a side-scrolling action game! In Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash, Chibi-Robo must swing his plug to whip enemies, reach far-off platforms and solve environmental puzzles, as well as collect upgrades to extend his plug for getting hard-to-reach collectibles and uncovering hidden areas. Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash will launch exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems this October.
- Chibi-Robo amiibo – Launching exclusively in a Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash bundle is a new Chibi-Robo amiibo figure. This new amiibo transforms Chibi-Robo into the all-powerful Super Chibi-Robo in certain stages in the game. In addition, players can level up this Chibi-Robo amiibo to acquire a variety of in-game collectible figures and items by saving their scores at the end of each stage. More details about this special amiibo will be revealed in the future.
- Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure – The classic Dr. Mario puzzle game play that players have grown to love over the years returns in this new game, but with the addition of a game-changing new Miracle Cure item. This cure-all item activates a variety of capsule- and virus-eradicating powers. Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure is available for pre-purchase beginning today and writes a prescription exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS on June 11.
- BRAVELY SECOND END LAYER – The sequel to Square Enix’s much-loved role-playing game Bravely Default is coming to the West. Experience a rousing fantasy adventure with new and returning characters when the game launches for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems in 2016.
- Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon – This recently revealed new installment in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series finds players becoming Pokémon to explore randomly generated dungeons in a land inhabited only by Pokémon. In addition to the 20 Pokémon players can choose to become and also pick as their partners, all 720 known Pokémon are in the game. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon launches for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems this winter.
- LBX: Little Battlers eXperience – Just like the popular anime and toy line, LBX: Little Battlers eXperience lets players build, customize and battle robots using more than 130 models and more than 4,000 in-game parts. Up to six players can connect via local wireless to battle it out and see whose robot emerges victorious when the game launches on Aug. 21.
- Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition – Fans that have already been enjoying the wealth of content in Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition are about to get even more! In addition to two extra free unlockable worlds in both the Puzzle & Dragons Z and Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition games, players can now start enjoying free weekly online distributions exclusively for Puzzle & Dragons Z. Checkhttp://puzzleanddragons.nintendo.com/ for more details.
- Splatoon – Kicking off a series of free content additions throughout the summer, Splatoon will be home to a new weapon and map … as of 7 p.m. PT today! The nostalgia-packed N-Zap ’85 rapid-fire Shooter weapon and Port Mackerel map take the game play and strategy depth to new heights. Alongside these additions,Splatoon’s Ranked Battle mode will also become available for characters level 10 and above.
- Art Academy: Home Studio – In this new application for Wii U, artists of all skill levels can take lessons, draw inspiration from 360-degree landscape photos and share their creations with friends. Art Academy: Home Studio will even allow fellow art enthusiasts to upload time-lapse replays of their creations to their YouTube accounts. Art Academy: Home Studio is now available for pre-purchase and launches exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U on June 25. Legacy artists who already own the Art Academy: Sketchpad software can get $4 off the purchase price of Art Academy: Home Studio as a thank you for their dedication to the franchise.
- Project Treasure – A new trailer highlighting game play in this four-player co-op action game from Bandai Namco Entertainment was revealed alongside the Nintendo Direct video and can be viewed separately on YouTube. Take down enemies, evade traps and escape with spoils from the deepest of dungeons.
Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games – All of your favorite Mario and Sonic characters are ready to join the fun in Rio, host of the Olympic Games in August 2016. Take the rivalry on the road with super-charged Olympic events like Soccer and Table Tennis in the Nintendo 3DS version, or see if you’ve got what it takes to hang with the best in the Wii U version, with events like Soccer, Rugby and Beach Volleyball. More details about the games will be announced in the future.
Nintendo Activities at E3 2015
- Nintendo World Championships 2015 –Twenty-five years after the original, the Nintendo World Championships return on June 14, set to start at 3 p.m. PT, with pre-show broadcasts kicking off the day’s activities prior to the tournament. While the full lineup of games won’t be unveiled until the big event, hopeful contestants can prepare to compete in the original The Legend of Zelda, as well as a mix of other Nintendo games.
- Periscope / Snapchat – Nintendo is expanding its social media presence … right in time for E3! Fans can follow @NintendoAmerica on both Periscope andSnapchat to reveal fun behind-the-scenes content leading up to and during the video game trade show June 16-18.