Skyward Sword Heart Piece Guide
The Skyward Sword Heart Piece Guide below is a comprehensive guide to collecting every piece of heart in the game. It is complete with screenshots and maps. If you find any problems with the Skyward Sword Heart Piece Guide, be sure to contact us. There are 24 pieces of heart. All Skyward Sword Heart Piece Locations are marked by Link on the maps where appropriate. Some Skyward Sword Heart Piece Locations are in odd places so this guide is sure to be very useful.
Skyward Sword Heart Piece Locations
Skyview Temple Heart Pieces
- A Piece of Heart is locked behind bars in the center of Skyview Temple.
In order to free it, make the beetle fly up to the top of the structure and hit the switch.
This will free the Heart Piece and allow the player to obtain it.
Skyloft Heart Pieces
- Obtain this piece of heart from Batreaux after acquiring 10 Gratitude Crystals.
- Go to the second floor outside of the Knight Academy. Now run up the left side and grab the ledge. Travel left and then fall on top of the platform. Continue down the path until you come to some vines.
Climb up them. You will see a smoke stack with a Clawshot target on the bottom of the vent cover. Go to it and fall down.
Travel through the path until you come to the person's room. The room you enter is Zelda's Room. Open up the cupboard and you will get a piece of heart.
- Travel through an underwater tunnel in the lake. Once surfacing, open the chest to get the heart piece. You must have got the 3rd Eldin Volcano Goddess Cube before you can open the chest.
- After completion of the Fledge's Workout Quest, talk to Fledge near the Sparring Hall during the day.
Score 600 points in his Pumpkin Pull mini-game and you will get a piece of heart. In order to hit the pumpkins you must shoot the arrow before the pumpkin gets to the center of the reticle.
- After activating the Pirate Stronghold Goddess Cube, travel to the floating island above the waterfall using the Clawshots. Once here, there will be a chest containing the heart piece.
Eldin Volcano Heart Pieces
- Make your way around the outer edge of the bottom right corner of the map.
Continue down the path and you will come to a platform below you with a piece of heart on it.
Fall down to the area to claim your prize.
Small Island Heart Pieces
- This heart piece is located on the island where Link is located on the map below. You will need to find the 3rd Deep Woods Goddess Cube to be able to open the chest.
- After activating the 2nd Faron Woods Goddess Cube, go to the island marked by Link below.
You will need to fall through the hole in the island. Once here, Clawshot the target. Now open the chest. Alternatively, the player can free fall to the platform with the chest -- no Clawshots required.
- Open the chest on top of Beedle's House on Beedle's Island marked on the map below. You must have the 2nd Lanayru Desert Goddess Cube before being able to open the chest.
Pumpkin Landing Heart Pieces
- Travel inside the Lumpy Pumpkin and you will notice a piece of heart on the chandelier in the center of the room. Go upstairs and roll into the support beam's right side two times in order to knock the chandelier down. Now just go grab the heart piece.
- After playing the Harp with Kina, the store owner will give you a piece of heart. Please refer to our Skyward Sword Pumpkin Harvest Quest guide for full details.
Faron Woods Heart Pieces
- Travel to the area where Link is located on the map below. There will be a wall that you must bomb. Inside will be a piece of heart.
- Travel to the area marked on the map below. You will need to traverse a rope in order to get to the heart piece.
- The player must first make the Gossip Stone appear for Gorko and have made the Goddess Wall appear for the Mogma in Skyview Temple while looking for the Sacred Water -- both require you to play the Harp near a patch of butterflies. To be certain, I know Gorko is here after beating the Ancient Cistern Boss fight. Travel behind the Sealed Temple and you will find Gorko. Near Gorko will be a Sacred Wall, so be sure to play your Harp to find it.
Talk to Gorko and he will tell you something to draw on the Sacred wall. Do so and then wait for a while for the Goddess Wall to respawn. Reports are coming in that sleeping until morning will make the Sacred Wall respawn or saving and restarting the game. Talk to Gorko again and he will want you to draw something else on the Goddess Wall. Do so and then repeat these steps several more times. After drawing on the wall for the 3rd time, Gorko gives you a piece of heart.
Fire Sanctuary Heart Pieces
- You must find a hole that has a Mogma inside of it. It is located near Link on the map below.
He will try running away, so the player has to block his path and catch him.
Upon catching him, he rewards you with a piece of heart.
Shipyard Heart Pieces
- The player must have beaten Moldarach in the Shipyard before getting this heart piece. Head to the Shipyard in Lanayru Desert. Travel to the Mine Cart Mini-game.
Once here, pay the Goron 20 rupees to do the 'Heart Stopping' track. Complete the course in under 1 MIN 5 SEC and you will win the heart piece.
Volcano Sumitt Heart Pieces
- Near one of the Frog's you have to pour water on will be a patch of soil that Link can burrow into a tunnel.
Make your way to the light in the tunnel opposite of you and emerge into the next area. You will find a piece of heart.
Beedle's Shop Heart Pieces
- After buying the Life Medal from Beedle's Shop, leave and return. You will now be able to purchase a heart piece for 1,600 rupees. If you complete the Beedle's Beetle Sidequest after you buy the Life Medal, you will have a chance of getting this for half-off.
Lanayru Gorge Heart Pieces
- After saving the Lanayru Dragon, leave the area and go back to the sky. Now travel back to the dragon and talk to him. This will unlock Boss Challenge Mode. Complete 4 consecutive battles and he will give you a piece of heart.
Bug Island Heart Pieces
- After getting the 3rd Volcano Summit Goddess Cube, travel to the top of Bug Island inside the Thunderhead and jump down to the chest.
The player will be able to open the chest and get a piece of heart.
Fun Fun Island Heart Pieces
- While playing Fun Fun Island mini-game, the player must go through all 5 rings without hitting a ball and land on the 50 rupee spot in order to get the heart piece. Please refer to our Fun Fun Island Guide for full details.
Lanayru Desert Heart Pieces
- Bomb the wall located at the spot below.
Take the newly opened path and you will come to a chest containing the heart piece.
Sandship Heart Pieces
- After activating the Timeshift Stone at the top of the Sanship, climb up the ladder and use the ziplines to get to the rear of the boat. Once there, use the Clawshots to make it down to a ledge behind the boat.
After getting to the end of the Clawshot targets, you will find a treasure chest containing a piece of heart.
Thank you for choosing us to help you with finding all 24 Skyward Sword Heart Piece Locations. If you had any issues with the Skyward Sword Heart Piece Locations above, please contact us.